FLS Home > Wireless Use Policy
Wireless Use Policy and Guidelines:
Free Library of Springfield Township
Wireless Use Policy and Guidelines
The Free Library of Springfield Township now offers free wireless Internet access for individuals with wireless-enabled laptops and devices. Much like a radio receiving a radio station, our patrons can now bring their laptop or wireless devices into the Library and receive the Internet anywhere in the library.
You will need Web browser software (e.g., Internet Explorer, Fifefox, Safari, Opera, Chrome, etc.) and a compliant 802.11b wireless device installed on your laptop, or a laptop with integrated capabilities.
How to connect to the Network
- Turn on your laptop.
- You will see a screen that says "Choose a wireless network''
- Choose the network marked FLS.
- Open your browser and refresh.
- At the screen for Barcode/Pin type in your Library barcode and Library password.
- If you do not have a password, ask a staff member to help you.
- Once you are logged on, you will haven 2 hours of access time.
- If you do not have a Library card, you are allowed 15 minutes by clicking on the blue 15 minute message at the bottom of the screen.
Printing to the library's printer is not currently available through the wireless network. To print, save your document to a floppy disk or a removable drive, and move to one of our library computers.
Limitations and Disclaimers - Please Read!
- Library staff will not provide technical assistance and cannot guarantee that you will be able to make a connection.
- The Library’s network is not secure and you use it at your own risk. The library recommends that you do not send sensitive or personal information through this network.
- The library is not responsible for the safety of equipment or for laptop configurations, security, or files on your computer. If you need to change any settings to access the wireless network, be sure to write down and save your current settings before you change them.
- The library's internet usage policy forbids users to retrieve or use violent material or sexually explicit material as defined in Title 18 PaCS 5903. Wireless users are expected to respect the library's policy. Please review the policy at http://fls.mclinc.org/internetusepolicy.html.